River Pilot Route 66 Tour Guide Training Academy is designed for new and experienced tour guides or tour operators who wish to obtain the basic through advanced skills necessary to operate quality Route 66 tours.
Each year thousands of travelers from around the world experience Route 66 on self drive or guided tours. For self drive tours, River Pilot offers the Route 66 GPS with Ready2Go Tours software designed to allow clients the ability to drive the old road while enjoying the most affordable and thorough experience possible. For individuals or tour operators who plan to lead Route 66 tours, they can initally expect to spend thousands of dollars, large blocks of time and hours of research to obtain the necessary understanding of what it takes to put together a Route 66 tour. Our course will dramatically reduce the time and costs associated with conducting tours. Graduates can expect to immediately start leading tours while doing something they enjoy.
The River Pilot Route 66 Tour Guide Training Academy is a standardized program that leads students through the necessary topics needed to ensure accurate routing and customer satisfaction while on a Route 66 tour. These skill sets may also be used for other tours that the student may lead.
1. Route 66 History
2. Route 66 Maps, Cartography, Software, GPS Training
3. Route 66 Attraction Identification
4. Attraction Owner Relations
5. Vehicle Procurement / Motorcycle Procurement / Pricing
6. Daily Itinerary Planning
7. Accomodations Planning
8. Customer Satisfaction / Safety
9. Marketing Strategy (Winning Edge)
10. Expert / Key Player Introductions
11. Emergency / Safety / Alternate Planning
12. Support Vehicle Planning
The River Pilot Route 66 Tour Guide Training Academy is intended to be a turn key solution that will leave the student with a coherent plan to start marketing and leading Route 66 tours. Complete training is conducted in two phases. The two phases are:
1. Written materials, software, phone, internet and personal one on one training.
2. Real world training. River Pilot leads individuals on an actual Route 66 evolution. Students will receive a personal training session with River Pilot in order to match virtual and real world training into a cohesive and complete program. Once completed, the tour guide will have all the necessary skills to lead their own Route 66 Tour.
Route 66 is growing and more and more visitors are coming to enjoy the road every year. Put your career and company on solid ground and enroll in the River Pilot Route 66 Tour Guide Training Academy today.
$ 999.00 USD - Classroom Training
$ 4,999 USD - Individual In Field Training
We look forward to working with you and encourage you to call or e-mail with any questions, needs or to schedule a slot in our next Route 66 class.
River Pilot Tours is an adventure tour company offering motorcycle, car and horse adventure packages.